Wednesday 16 January 2013

Ten Things We Love

We were chatting about our favourite blogs and realised that one of the things we love to read is  something about the person who is writing! So we thought we would give you an insight into 10 things we both love right now. Some of you may judge our lists as we think everyone loves things which others might find a little sad. But we can't help it! Just being honest :) SO... Here goes:

ALEX
1) Urban Outfitters - Pretty sure Demi is going to write this too but it's the best thing about living in Newcastle. My nearest UO at home is about 2 hours from my house :( I especially love all their little bedroom homeware things like rugs. They do really nice rugs.
2) Photos - I love looking at pictures and I think people get annoyed about the amount I take on my phone on a night out! I recently got all my instagram prints done as little polaroids. So Cute!

Get your own here: www.inkifi.com

3) The Internet - My housemates will agree with me on this one. They know I can't go long without it.  We once got cut off because we hadn't paid the bill... It was the first time I ever went to the Library...Oops!
4) Makeup Brushes - People are shocked about how much I'm willing to spend on a brush but I just love them. The different shapes and cool handles plus how good they can make your makeup look!
5) Cows - One of my housemates won't eat beef because she loves cows so much but thats the opposite reason to why I love them. They make steak - my favourite food ever. They make leather = handbags and nice boots. Their milk makes cheese. They are the second best species on the planet after humans.
6) Bedroom Accessories - Following on from loving UO's homeware stuff...I love home decor... candles, fairy lights, pillows, bedspreads, mirrors, organisers, canvases etc and I spend ages on sites like Etsy and Achica looking at all the pretty things.
7) Nails - Doing fun nails is always a good way to pass the time! Check out my nail tumblr at garnishedvarnish.tumblr.com
8) Reality TV - I don't care how shit it is, if it's partial reality and its on TV then I'm usually game.
9) Gold Jewellery - I have a little obsession with looking at gold jewellery. I don't know why. But I do. Especially brushed gold that isn't so shiny like this ring.
10) Daily Mail Online - I hate to write this one down but its true. I check it at least twice a day and it just has so many good photos!

DEMI
1) Sex and the City- Although not actually a tangible object, Sex and the City is my go to tv series in times of need. It has made me laugh, cry and question everything in between. Many of my close friends will also know that I idolise Samantha and one day wish I could be like her (minus her promiscious ways, of course)!
2) Shoes, shoes and more Loubs- Since I can remember I have always had an extensive shoe collection, shoes for every occassion. When I go to London I often spend the best part of two hours wandering the Shoe Hall in Selfridges only wishing I could afford some of the creations they sell. (One day, maybe?)
3) Baths- There is nothing more relaxing to me than a few candles, lots of buddles and a steamy bath of hot water. Having no bath at my house at uni drives me insane and I really take advantage of our bath at home during the holidays, it gives me time to soak in my thoughts for as long I want.
4) Friends- I really love my friends, sounds a little silly I know but over the years I have made some life long friends, some live 5 minutes down the road, some are currently living in different time zones, but my friends are those I have shared some of the best memories with throughout my 20 years of life so far.
5) Sushi- Only over the past few years have I really jumped on this bandwagon, I don't just like it - I devour the stuff. #ilovesalmon
6) Flying- I love flying, especially as it usually involves landing in a new destination to rewind for a week or more. The greatest invention, where you can get to new places in a matter of hours and explore exotic surroundings.
7) Cupcakes- Since last summer I have really started to enjoy baking. Although I haven't really pushed myself outside my comfort zone in the baking sense I like making cute cupcakes for my friends
8) Bombay Sapphire, Naturally- I love a G&T (slice of lime, mandatory). Bombay is my favourite. It is such a refreshing drink and enjoy the occassional few on a night out.
9) Spanish- The language, the people, the culture, the tapas, the dancing. You name it, I love everything about the Spanish. Since starting to learn the language at school I have been obsessed. Many a holiday, or a language trip enjoyed in Spanish territory and the paella ain't bad either.
10) Mulberry- I am the fortunate owner of a few lovely Mulberry numbers and I plan to, over many years, expand my collection. Timeless classic fashion right on your arm and they get better with age. Here is one I have my eye on next.

Also just to tell you, we have decided to make posts more regular! So we are going to attempt to post twice a week normally on a Tuesday and a Friday! So keep coming back to check, or follow us on bloglovin (top right of page)!

Demi and Alex xx

No comments:

Post a Comment