Friday 16 August 2013

Paris: Part One

Last weekend Flo and I sped off on the Eurostar to Paris! I had only ever driven through before and so I was excited to finally see the famous city. We stayed with my friend from Germany, Svenja, and her best friend, Alex. Flo and I arrived on the Friday afternoon and as Alex was at work we met Svenja and went for a wander down the Champs-Élysées towards the Arc de Triomphe. You'll have to excuse my lack of Paris knowledge. Flo and Alex arranged most of what we did and I just followed along with not much clue on where we were going! 


After a nice stroll we headed up the Arc De Triomphe for a fantastic view of Paris and the Eiffel Tower.


On our way home we walked across the Lover's Bridge, full of personalised padlocks as declarations of loves.




We finished the first day with a glass of wine watching the sparkling lights of the Eiffel Tower. 

Day two began with a look around Notre Dame which had some awesome architecture. We followed this with a walk around the Musée d'Art Moderne.





A strange piece from the Musée d'Art Moderne


We went for a quick bite to eat and had an ice cream from Amorino. My fave flavour was speculoos - a cinnamon biscuit flavour! Dee-LISH.

\

We still had a lot more to fit in after lunch and went to La Defense and a lovely garden next to the Louvre.




The evening was probably my favourite part of the day. Flo and I had a crepe (mine with Nutella) and then sat with a nice bottle of wine by the Seine - at which point, I dropped my lens cap in the river! :(
Although, street drinking in France is a lot more tricky because you need to remember a cork screw!!




Part Two to follow soon!

Alex xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment